CNN host Don Lemon continues to remain unbothered after facing massive backlash from conservatives who were offended by him calling white men the “biggest terror” threats to the country.
Lemon really ruffled some feathers on Monday evening with his “terror threat” opines and has yet to offer an apology to those who he indubitably insulted. The CNN host responded on Wednesday to the backlash he received from white folks who were in their feelings and presented overwhelming “evidence” to prove that the statements he made were completely true.
“Earlier this week, I made some comments about that in a conversation with Chris [Cuomo],” Lemon said during his show ‘CNN Tonight’. “I said that the biggest terror threat in this country comes from radicals on the far right, primarily white men. That angered some people. But let’s put emotion aside and look at the cold hard facts. The evidence is overwhelming.”
Lemon began citing several data points including a recent report from the Government Accountability Office that states since Sept. 11, 2001, far-right violent extremists have killed 106 people in 62 attacks across the country while Islamist extremists have killed 119 people in 23 different attacks.
“So people who were angered about what I said are missing the entire point,” Lemon concluded. “We don’t need to worry about people who are thousands of miles away. The biggest threats are homegrown. The facts prove that.”
Lemon’s remarks made earlier this week were condemned by right-wingers including President Trump’s son Donald Trump Jr. who called the CNN host a “moron.”
“Amazing. I thought this was some sort of joke quote taken out of context but no… it’s just Don Lemon being a moron,” Donnie Jr. tweeted.
“Let’s put emotion aside, and look at the cold, hard facts. The evidence is overwhelming.”@DonLemon presents the facts on domestic terrorism.#DonsTakehttps://t.co/PpH9t4Trvp pic.twitter.com/v3qDglsLaL
— CNN Tonight (@CNNTonight) November 1, 2018